Re: Telnet

Carlos Santos wrote:

> Does anybody know how to make the telnet daemon NOT close the connection by
> timeout ? I need a connection open but it keeps disconnecting if i'm not
> doing anything.

 I think you're disconnected by the foreign host. If it's (I think) you can't control
the remote telnet daemon(unless you're root on such machine).
 Have you ever tried secure shell ? It seems to keeps you connected.

Regards,
  Nuno Carvalho

P.S. As *last stupid(?) resort* send UDP packets shorter that telnet timeout.