Re: escaping novell network and 21041 ethernet card

"Richard E. Hawkins Esq." wrote:

> > What exactly do you mean when you say you can't get the network to
> > 'start'?
>
> /etc/init.d/network/start
>
> returns the message
>
> SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
>
> with no other information.

Ok. SIOCADDRT is the ioctl call which adds a route. My guess is that the
error comes when the script is trying to add the default route, i.e. the
default gateway that's specified isn't reachable on the network your
ethernet card is connected to (at least according to the route that's set
for the card). Why don't you send along your /etc/init.d/network and
perhaps the output of 'ifconfig' and 'netstat -nr' after the networks
script has run.

> I switched to the tulip driver as James Lewis suggested, and it loads
> with no messages (de4x5 gave me messages about requiring irq11), and I
> still get this message from the netwrok start.

Ok, well if that's helping you not get nasty messages then that's gotta be
a good thing, right!

[stuff not relevant at this point snipped]

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com