Install not going through after SCSI0

(I tried sending this to the list before, but I didn't get any responses to
I'm not sure if it arrived. I've also updated some things in the message.)
Hello,

I'm trying to install Debian Linux as per the instructions for installing
from a DOS partition at:
http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-install-from-dos

My problem is that the installation seems to go through, it finds my
harddrives, CD-ROM drives, etc., but then there are three lines about
SCSI0 (with the last one starting with 'Downloading sequencer code')
and it stops. Any ideas?

After following a link to that page, I found something about Adaptec
AIC-7xxx SCSIs causing problems and to use the aic7xxx=no_probe
boot parameter. I have an AIC-7850 and changed my install.bat file
to have the following in it:
loadlin linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin aic7xxx=no_probe

, but I get the same results. I'd appreciate getting some help with
this. Another thing I tried is trying to install via the Rescue floppy
disk. When I do that, I get the boot: prompt and when I press
Enter, it goes through, find everything, and then stops at SCSI0
just like before. I've also tried typing:
linux aic7xxx=no_probe

and am getting the same thing too.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@bgrafyx.com  ICQ:4982727