Re: Promise FastTrack 66 IDE-RAID controller

Hello!  Thanks for your quick answer.

> > Has anyone used the FastTrack 66 controller from Promise in Linux? Does it
> > work well? Do we need kernel drivers for this board? Are they available?
> >
> There is a patch for the controller, I will look for it on my drive and
> send it to you, for 2.0.37 and 2.2.10.
>
> We are using it for a RAID-1 array with two drives. It seems to be working
> all right, even though we have only one 80-wire cable, and the other drive
> is on a 40-wire cable. Unfortunately in our country no 80-wire cables can
> be purchased, and there were only one 80-wire cables in the box.
> Could anybody point me to an url where I can order a 80-wired Ultra-ATA/66
> cable where is no outrageous postal and handling fee? It does not seem
> proper to pay $50 postage fee for a <$10 cable...

Does this board do the array itself, or are you using Linux software?

You sent me the patch for the Promise Ultra/66 controller (Thanks),
but is there a patch for the FastTrack 66 (RAID) controller?
Where did you find the patches?

In what country do you live?  I am living in Costa Rica, and our company has
a forwarding service from Miami. We normally ship to our address in Miami
using the normal US rates, and then our forwarder brings it to Costa Rica,
and it charges us about $10 per shipment. It is a lot cheaper than going DHL
or UPS international, which is always around $60-70. Maybe you can find a
service like this one in your country.

> > Someone on the list wrote that the Promise Ultra 66 controller works, but
> > that one doesn't do RAID, so I need to find out about the FastTrack 66
> > controller.
> >

> No need for that, just use the proper mdtools...

I don't need the RAID board to have RAID-0??

Thanks in advance for your help,

Alexis Maldonado
Disenos y Montajes S.A.

DYMSA - Disenos y Montajes S.A.
Tel. +(506) 227-5616   Fax. +(506) 227-5257

e-mail: dymsacr@racsa.co.cr

PO Box:  Apdo 171-2010 Zapote
         San Jose, Costa Rica

Address:  500 mts Sur de Rotonda de Zapote
          Edificio DYMSA
          San Jose, Costa Rica
          Central America