Error Messages - How to Stop?

I'm setting up a server for some people I know for there companies.

While trying to get everything going (testing, etc) I have all the error
messages supposedly going to a different virtual terminal so I can leave
things on screen without them being corrupted in display.

This isn't working.  I am still getting critical errors (or whatever you
call them, I call them annoying) displaying over the top of the display.

At present for instance I have the server system runnning iptraf so I can
keep an eye on what's going on with the internet feed so I can attempt to
"hack" the server remotely... the server screen however shows a garbled
display because the network card in the machine is not the best (it keeps
stuffing around with interrupts... causing an error message to be display
onscreen)

I want to stop these error messages coming up onto the current terminal.  I
want every error message to go to the other terminal (aside from kernel
panics of course <grin>).

Anyone got any ideas?

Please email me directly. my server is playing up with this list for some
reason <frown>.

Regards,
	Peter Ludwig

Peter Ludwig
Email : khan@flatrate.net.au
UIN   : 15513904
Unemployed Linux Sysadmin, Computer Technician, Programmer, etc.
(If it's computer-related, and not sales, I'll give it a try!)

"Debian/GNU Linux - Because Life was meant to be Easy!"