Re: Suggested GUI to apache and GUI to ftp?

> 	GLIBC2 distribution (for RedHat, Mandrake, Suse, Caldera, etc.)
> 	  IglooFTP-PRO-0.9.1-linux-ix86-glibc2.tar.gz

glibc2 is the latest.  If you are running a recent version of Debian,
this what you want.  I'm running 2.1 and glibc2 is the one I go for.

> 	LIBC5 distribution (for Slackware)
> 	  IglooFTP-PRO-0.9.1-linux-ix86-libc5.tar.gz

libc5 is an older library than glibc2.  Probably only for Debian versions
older than 2.0 (such as 1.3.1).

> 	RPM package (for RedHat, Mandrake, etc.)
> 	  IglooFTP-PRO-0.9.1-1.i386.rpm

You could install this one with alien or whatever, but I wouldn't know
whether this one would use glibc2 or libc5 libraries, so I can't say much
more.

> Though I'm completely unfamiliar with the other two packages (GLIBC2 &
> LIBC5) so I have no clue what I need to do to make them debian-friendly.
> I'm guessing they are a form of the C programming language, which are not
> installed on my debian version.  Hopefully I don't need to learn to program
> in C to be able to download and use the software. :(

Usually, it's not too difficult as long as you d/l the right one.  I think
it is safe to say the program is written in C, but beyond that I don't
know.  I think you can do OK without having to learn too much C
programming.  Can't say for sure as I am (slowly) learning C.

Hope this helps,
Patrick