Apache-ssl php/MySQL problem

Hi, Ive got a problem with php / mysql.  Ive installed php3-mysql, although it
doesnt want to load.  apacheconfig doesnt even attempt to load it.

After playing I figured out to add:

  LoadModule auth_mysql_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_auth_mysql.so

into httpd.conf, but im also guessing I need:

  LoadModule <something> /usr/lib/php3/apache/mysql.so

Because when I load an php page, it says:

  Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_connect() in...

What is the "<something>" I need?  Everything ive tried, which looks likely from'strings /usr/lib/php3/apache/mysql.so' gives out:

  Syntax error on line 111 of /etc/apache-ssl/httpd.conf:
  API module structure `<something>' in file
  /usr/lib/php3/apache/mysql.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache
  module DSO?

Or am I doing something completely wrong?

Andrew.

--

Andrew Glover