Re: Video modes for X?

Thanks for the reply. I've heard rumours that trident cards were limited to 8
bit colour, but I've also been told that 1M should give 16 bit colour at lower
resolutions. I think you may be right about the card, though. I currently don't
have access to newsgroups here at work, and I haven't got my internet connection
fully working at home yet. I'll have a look through the buy-N-sell for video
cards. Anyone got any recommendations for ISA video cards that can give 16 bit
colour or higher? I won't pay a fortune for one, but I'll have a look and see
what I can find.

Cheers,

     John Gay