system and bios time doubt (hwclock)

Hi,

just reviewing a script I was given which I have in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/
to set the system clock from a server, and then the HARDWARE CLOCK
(bios clock?) SET FROM THE SYSTEM'S:

----------
#!/bin/sh

# set the system clock from slug
/usr/sbin/rdate -s slug.ctv.es

# set the hardware clock from the system's
/sbin/hwclock --systohc
----------

I noticed that the `--systohc' option, according to `man hwclock', means:

Set the System Time from the Hardware Clock.

ie., it does just the opposite I want it to do, or doesn't it?
Shouldn't it be:

/sbin/hwclock --set

instead?  Also, since I have a dial on demand connection, I connect 1+
times a day, therefore the hardware clock is set times accordingly...
could that cause any damage?

TIA
--
Horacio