Re: How determine all users logged into linux...

>the ways to see logged-in users:
>
>who
>finger
>
>the only way to "log off" a user is to kill his/her shell
>you can see what pid a shell running on a certain vterminal has by running
>"ps axf"
>then kill a user's pid with
>
>kill <pid-no>
>
>hope this helps

It certainly did.  i also type ps by itself and "ps aux" and got different
information. No idea what ps aux is for, I accidentally typed it and was
surprised the typo actually was valid.  Anyways, I logged on several
different users and ps'ed and kill'ed them

Thanks, now I know how to log off accounts when I telnet in and forget to
log off.

Andre