Re: elvis - missing rhs

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 11:39:08AM +1000, Chanop Silpa-Anan wrote:
> hi,
>
> just a  minor annoying. i use elvis primarily. on some debian machine, whenever i start elvis, it says 'missing rhs' before switching to fullscrenn editor page. any idea what i am missing?

As near as I can tell, there's a slight problem with the config
file /etc/elvis/elvis.ini.  One of the key mappings is missing the
rhs (right hand side) component:

[snip]
  map! ESCOj *
  map! ESCOo /
  map! ESCOM
  map! ^? visual x
  map  ^? x
[snip]

I think the ESCOM map line needs another parameter.  I could be
wrong about this, but if you search the elvis help file for rhs,
you'll find the term used in their syntax examples for
'right hand side'.

Mike
[Private mail welcome, but no need to CC: me on list replies.]
--
Michael Merten  <mikemerten@yahoo.com>
          ---> Debian GNU/Linux Fan -- http://www.debian.org