Re: Booting problems!

I've seen odd booting behavior from LILO before when BIOS settings were
set to things that Linux couldn't understand/support.  Other things I've
tried and succeeded in Linux installations on some machines in the past is
completely removing all but the ABSOLUTELY necessary hardware and
reconfiguring the BIOS settings just to see if it'll make it through
booting the kernel.  If so, I start adding stuff until it fails again, and
I've found the culprit.

I am fresh out of ideas for you old man, but best of luck to you!