Re: Booting problems!

> > <hj.vink@hccnet.nl> writes:
> >
> > > thank you for reading this message. The first boot for installation of
> > > debian 2.1 fails.
> > > After 'Loading linux ..............' nothing happens, the machine hangs.

hj.vink@hccnet.nl writes:
Thank you for your replies.

My original e-mail included:
I tried several bootdisks (resc1440.bin resc1440-safe.bin
resc1440tecra.bin) and even old bootdisks from a previous debian
version. Also booting from DOS using loadlin doesnt work. Unfortunately
the machine cannot boot from cdrom.

Nathan Duehr wrote:

> Make sure you try the Tecra disk images, which are zImage kernels instead
> of bzImage kernels.  There's some notes on the mirrors in the README files
> and in the HTML doc files of the bootdisks regarding this in the disk-i386
> directory.

I've read it and tried it. But thats a 'no go'

On 16 Aug 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> > Generally this means a bad floppy.

Tried several floppies.

> > There are other boot methods also, such as CD-ROM or loadlin from a
> > DOS partition.  Soon, TFTP for i386 also.

But that doesn't solve my problem ......

Any other suggestions.....?