Eureka!

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 07:17:37PM -0700, Sean Perry wrote:

> > Are there any workarounds to these NFS locking problems?
>
> kexpress can be fixed by mailing the author and helping him fix it -- source is
> a great thing.
>
> WP8 I am surprised fails, we used it on Suns where everything is nfs.

The problem is on my end. In deperation I upped the server to the latest
potato and upgraded it to 2.2.11. When I rebooted (third time it has
ever been rebooted), I saw the message:
Starting NFS client services: rpc.lockdlockdsvc: Function not
implemented

Evidently, my NFS server CAN'T do file locking. Loading the 'lockd'
moduel and restarting the service doesn't do anything either. Should I
try kernel-level NFS server support?
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com