Re: rsync for potato

Marcus Johansson <Marcus.Johansson@sth.frontec.se> wrote:
> Is there any way of using rsync to download, and keep up to date, the
> potato/unstable dist of Debian?

I use rsync to mirror the unstable binaries and source packages.
The rsync scripts I use flatten the symlinks that point to slink
so that all the packages that are the same for slink and potato
get picked up too.

The script for main archive ("anonftpsync") has a couple of exclude
lines that I need to keep the archive size down. I am pulling the
files to the laptop I am using, so it makes sense to me to not to
get everything from the archives.

Since you are from Sweden, the closest rsync-enabled mirror is
probably the sunsite we have here.

You can get the scripts from
http://sunsite.tut.fi/~hessu/deb-rsync/

Be sure to modify at least the TO variable in the script files.

> /Marcus

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland