Re: Xemacs Prcs problem (still persists)

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Patrick Olson wrote:

> That file is in a package named prcs.  If you go into dselect and install
> the prcs package, it should be able to load prcs.el.

The problem persists. I removed my prcs and
reinstalled it. The installation gave the following messages:

Setting up prcs (1.2.11-7) ...
install/prcs: Byte-compiling for emacsen flavour xemacs20
Compiling /usr/share/xemacs20/site-lisp/prcs/prcs.el...
  ** Variable reference to constant :buffer
  ** Variable reference to constant :force
[...]
  ** Variable reference to constant :get-descriptor-too
Wrote /usr/share/xemacs20/site-lisp/prcs/prcs.elc
Done

Remarkably, xemacs still doesn't find it. It does
[strace o/p]
stat("/usr/share/xemacs20/site-lisp/octave/prcs.elc",0xbfffe510) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/share/xemacs20/site-lisp/octave/prcs.el",0xbfffe510) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

but it doesn't look in
/usr/share/xemacs20/site-lisp/prcs

Is there a way of getting xemacs to look in the
right place?

Thanks,

--prashanth