Re: which pgp package?

Hello Chanop,

On 17-Aug-99, you wrote:

CS> hi,
CS>
CS> I'm new to pgp. It seems that there are many pgp packages in potato,
CS> ie pgp-us, pgp-i, pgp5i. Which one I should use?
CS>
CS> thanks
CS>
CS> Chanop

As I understand it, the are two versions of pgp due to the US export
restrictions of RSA technology - the pgp-us version uses RSA and
shouldn't be used outside the US.  pgp-i doesn't use RSA and can be
exported.  The pgp5i package looks like a specific version for
international use.  This is the gist of the info that I got from the
'official' Phil Zimmerman pgp website, as I remember it - some time ago
now.  I can't remember the URL (www.pgp.com?- I'm not O/L at the moment
- dial-up charges - so I can't check) but I originally found it easily
enough through a search engine.  Recommended site if you plan to use
pgp.

Regards,

LeeE
--