Re: leafnode won't fetch

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 10:00:46AM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:

> IIRC, don't you have to access the newsgroup (say, from within SLRN or
> Netscape Messenger) first, to let leafnode know you're interested?  I
> vaguely recall having to do something like that...  I think when you do
> this, you get a little newsgroup message telling you fetch will get it
> or something.

Yes, but to do this you need to download the active file.  Without an
active file there won't be any groups for you to select :-) .

You can short-circuit things a little by touching a file named after the
group in /var/spool/news/interesting.groups (at some point I'll probably
get round to moving this into /var/state or /var/lib), but this mechanism
is subject to change.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/