Re: full color ghostview ?

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Brian Servis wrote:

> *- On 17 Aug, Sergey V Kovalyov wrote about "Re: full color ghostview ?"

> >> I much prefer the 'gv' package over 'ghostview'. It is another front end
> >> to 'ghostscript' which has a much better feel and look IMHO. You might
> >> give it a shot.
> >
> > I prefere gv too, but it does not eliminate the problem. I spoke about
> > ghostview in the generalized sense (gv, kghostview, ghostview). The all
> > use ghostscript as a back end and produce identically horrible output.
> >

> This sounds like a font problem.  Do you have the font packages
> installed for ghostscript?

No, this is not the font problem, fonts look ok (please, look at my
original post).
The problem is that gv (and the family) produce horrible dithered images
and do it very slowly. It seems that ghostscript's x11 device is to blame.
So I was wondering if there is alternative pastscript viewer with a
similar capabilities, which does not suffer from the dithering.
Xv looks good, but it does not support multiple pages.
If you've seen GSview for windows - this is how it should look like.

Sergey.