DOSEMU problems

Hi all,

I am using DOSEMU v 0.98.7.0 with kernel 2.0.36
and DOS 6.20

PS/2 mouse which is /dev/psaux and /dev/mouse.
dosemu.conf uses /dev/mouse, type ps2.

I have mouse support compiled into the kernel.

When gpm is off, the mouse is functional under
DOSEMU (in 'edit', for instance), except that there
is no mouse cursor.  I can move the mouse around
by guessing where it is.

If I enable gpm, then I get a cursor, but the mouse
has only gpm functionality, i.e. the DOS program
doesn't see the mouse, so I can't use it to click
on menus.

The only other thing I've thought of is recompiling
without mouse support, but that doesn't seem
reasonable.

Any ideas on how to get normal DOS mouse
functionality _and_ a cursor?

Another less important problem:

The DOS extended charset characters are wrong in
DOSEMU.  Again in 'edit' for example, the borders are
made out of '|' instead of the extended characters.
I can live with it, but just wondering if it is normal.

Thanks,
Steve Stancliff