Re: bash & smaller fonts

"Steven Klass" <sklass@andigilog.com> writes:
> While we're on the topic.  How can I customize the font display for bash?
> Can I make it narrower and smaller?

This, to my knowledge, isn't a BASH issue, but a terminal issue. If
you're using X windows you can use any of the available xfonts for
your xterm. Just pick one you like, using, for example, the xfontsel
application and start your xterm like:

xterm -fn 'font name from xfontsel'

or you can put it in your ~/.Xresources like:

xterm*font:	font name from xfontsel

a specific example would be something like:

xterm*font:	-misc-fixed-medium-*-*-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

You'll have to reread your resources if you go with the latter route,
either by logging out and back in again or by using xrdb.

If you're not using X then it's going to depend on the console driver
and, while I believe there are ways to change it, I'm not familiar
with them.

Gary