Re: Which server to use??

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 09:03 -0500, Andrei Ivanov wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I've got a problem i can't get out. when i install X i also must install a
> > server. only which server do i need to use?
> > I've got a 17-inch screen, and a monsterfusion videocart with 16 MB memory
> > onboard.
> > I like to use a resolution of 1024 x 768 x 24 bpp or 1280 x 1024 24 bpp.
> > I hope anyone knows the answer.
> > Thanx in advance.
> >
> > Arjen.
>
> You can use SVGA for starters, because it's compatible with just about any
> video card, and then find your specific server (I think you would need to
> get the 3.3.3.1 version of X)
> Andrew

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Monster Fusion is a Banshee based card is
it not? In that case install the X stuff as normal, then go to your nearest
xfree86 mirror and grab the SVGA server from 3.3.4. Unpack it, and replace
the SVGA server that should already be installed. HTH.

Cheers
    Dave

--
         Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.1 on Linux i386 2.2.3
<dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> | PGP key available on request