Re: Problems with the samba update

I am going to assume that version is from unstable (also known as potato)
since my Samba is older.  In that case, there was mention of a bug in that
version of Samba that makes it need a 2.2.x kernel.  The message at this
address has a better explanation than I can give:

http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-user-9908/msg01209.html

Hope this helps,
Patrick