Re: how to connect client xserver to networked host?

For this case you need xdmcp service from your headless computer. apt-get install xdm and edit file /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers, comment out line :0 local /usr/bin/X11/X vt7. Then you can use X -query headlesshost to start X session, or X -indirect headlesshost.

But you can telnet/ssh in and run xterm from remote anyway.

Chanop