Re: can't connect to my isp

  Off the top of my head, their are two possibilities I can think of:
  your ISP changed something but the windows RAS was able to detect it
  or possibly a stale lock file (though this seems less likely). For the
  first one, check with the ISP, for the second look in /var/lock for a
  file like LCK..ttyS1 (or whatever serial interface you're using). You
  might try the package wvdial, it seems to be pretty good at guessing
  connection methods.