Re: startup commands

| OK I am running xwm. Can that mess things up ?
|
| I put my lines in .xsession and included
| exec windowmaker&
| as the last line.
|
| If I log in from xwm with "no change" as wm
| I just bounce right back out to xwm login again.
| And if I choose a wm in xwm my commands wont
| be executed.
|
| Any ideas ?
|
| /Joakim

   Are you running xdm? or some other display manager? I'm not familiar
   with xwm, but the display manager is responsible for executing
   /etc/X11/Xsession, which should execute your ~/.xsession if it
   exists.  Sounds like whatever you're using doesn't play by the rules.
   I noticed kdm is this way if I select kde in the chooser (this turns
   out to be a good thing though, since I run gnome-session from my
   ~/.xsession. gnome-session and kde don't get along very well.).

--

Eric G. Miller