Re: DSELECT Problem

Christian Kruse wrote:

> When i am about to install Debian.
>
> I have 8 GB, so i choose to install the whole package.
>
> When i start, i´m asked to insert DISC 2.It installs....
>
> And it asks me to insert DISC 1. When i insert it, it says:
>
> I need "Debian 1/4", but i´ve found ""
>
> What do i do?

I assume that you're trying to load Debian 2.1 from a two or four disk set, and that
you have used the 'binary 1' disk to set up your partitions.

Now after selecting to load everything (Wow! that's a lot - some packages will
conflict) you have inserted 'binary disk 2" to read the packages and the load begins.
The program will then ask you to change disks periodically with a message that (if I
remember correctly)  sounds like the one you are getting.  If so, simply change the
disks as directed until everything is loaded.

If it still doesn't work,  ask this list again and include a little more information
on the problem.

Good Luck
John