Re: Fail to establish PPP

Jack Lee writes:
> I've read through PPP-HOwto, and it doesn't solve my problem.

The PPP-HOWTO's generally only increase confusion.

> Aug 12 17:10:45 finis pppd[148]: Receive serial link is not 8-bit clean:
> Aug 12 17:10:45 finis pppd[148]: Problem: all had bit 7 set to 0

Your chat script ran to completion and exited without satisfying the login
procedure at your ISP.  pppd started up and began sending LCP packets,
which the login process echoed as it looked for whatever string it wanted.
It is in text mode: thus the "bit 7 set to 0".

> Also, I"m in doubt that if there's something wrong with my
> /etc/chatscripts/provider, which is the following:

You might try replacing '\d\c' with '\d'.  While most ISP's do not want to
receive a return at startup, yours may.  The other possibility is that your
ISP wants you to use a 'chat' login instead of PAP.

I suggest that you try using pppconfig to set up ppp.
john@dhh.gt.org            Do with it what you will.