dselect error

Ok, I keep getting this error from dselect and it is driving me nuts.  Here's
the error:

> internal error - no filename at -e line 12, <P> chunk 13
>
> installation script returned error status 1.
> Press RETURN to continue.

Can anyone tell me what this means?  Here's what I am doing:
I have a laptop that i am installing new debian packages on.  I have my desktop
acting as an NFS server with the latest potato packages on it.  I start dselect
on the laptop, adjust the access method, update the package list (scan), and
select packages.  When I try to install the packages I selected, I get that
error message.  I've tried doing this at least 4 times.. I was able to do it on
my desktop just fine.

TIA

Ken