Re: deb http://security.ebian.org/ stable updates

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 12:14:39AM +0200, Thomas Keusch wrote:

> Hi!

> I just tried to incorporate http://security.debian.org into my apt
> sources.list once again - and it didn't work once again.

Usually I don't reply to my own postings, but this was really a no-brainer
which I don't want to bother anyof you, as I solved the problem on my own.

Sorry I didn't check this stupid thing earlier.

For those who are interested:
$http_proxy and $ftp_proxy were not set for root, but only for normal users
of the system. As traffic to 0/0 80 is blocked at my ISP, the connection did
not have a chance to succeed.

--

 thomas.                                .powered.by.debian/linux.
                                           .served.by.FreeBSD.