Re: egcs

Hi Robert,

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 07:40:09PM -0600, Robert Kerr wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm using egcs for my software project.  This is the output for g++ -v.
> gcc version egcs-2.91.60 Debian 2.1 (egcs-1.1.1 release)

are you aware that the egcs team is now the official maintainer of gcc?
Egcs and gcc were merged to create gcc 2.95.  Egcs development will not
be continued. There are some gcc 2.8 features which have no been
included in gcc 2.95 yet - please check the Cygnus-site
(www.cygnus.com) for further information.

I don't think there is a need to send a bug report now.
If you still think that egcs 1.1.2 will be necessary, compiling the
compiler suite youself is quite simple (./configure; make; make
install does the job).

I still think that you ought to try gcc 2.95.  Be aware that it's quite
unforgiving as far as illegal language contructs are - once again,
check the developer teams's site at cygnus.

So long -- Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                    engelke@math.uni-hamburg.de
*** Microsoft leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and