Re: Toshiba Portege 3015CT Laptop

> and running, and badly needed Linux on the laptop, so it's currently in
> the process of an overnight Internet installation of RH 6.0, just to get
> it done, but I'd prefer to use Debian on the system if I can get it
> working.

If you have another linux up and running you can try untar debian base (base???.tar) in to a small partition. Then configure that base system put the kernel on it, configure lilo to make that partition bootable. See some document about how to convert linuxppc to debianppc in webpage ports/ppc.

That's one trick.

Chanop

 Chanop Silpa-Anan

 Australian National University.

 Tel. +61 2 6279 8826, +61 2 6279 8837 (office hour)
      +61 2 6249 5240 (home +voice mail)

 ICQ uin 11366301