vim config bug in potato

  Couple days ago, I upgraded vim and started receiving the errors
below. Last night, a new vim package was available, but the problem
persisted.  Can anyone tell me where I can tell vim where it should look
for it's syntax files?  Here's the error:

"nothing.c" [New File]
Error detected while processing Syntax Auto commands for "c":
Can't open file /usr/share/vim/syntax/c.vim
Press RETURN or enter command to continue

The problem is the path should be /usr/share/vim/vim54/syntax/c.vim.
--

Eric G. Miller