Re: hard drive error

Michael Fox wrote:

> By any chance, you don't happen to have IDE power down set in bios.. if so
> turn it off.. might fix your problem

There is a firmware upgrade on Quantum's site for the powerdown bug (Write call to
wake up HDD may hang PC, affects Fireball ST drives)  Get the ident.exe file from
their FTP site, run it, if the firmware version is < 0C00 you should get the fix which
is also on the ftp site.

I wish this was my problem, I suffer a physical failure of the drive.