Re: laptop: my own kernels don't work

On 12-Aug-99 Gary L. Hennigan wrote:

> Not all laptops. My Thinkpad 600 is quite happy with a 2.2.11pre2
> bzimage.

I just went to a zImage and the laptop is happy.  I am still wrangling with
pcmcia-source, but I can always go back to the original kernel which I kept
as backup.  I am also getting unresolved dependency errors for modules when
I boot to the new kernel.  I will find a fix for that too, I am sure.

>> Is there a HOWTO on how to compile my own pcmcia modules?  I have the
>> source but I have never done this before.  I will go into the source and
>> see if I can find some docs there.
>
> The PCMCIA HOWTO covers installation
>
> http://www.ssc.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/PCMCIA-HOWTO-2.html
>
> or, if you installed doc-linux-<html|text>,
>
> /usr/doc/HOWTO/PCMCIA-HOWTO.gz

I am using a README in /usr/doc/pcmcia-source ATM and though it explains
things pretty well, I still don't have compliance from my laptop.

thanks

--
Andrew