Re: dpkg -S

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 02:26:57PM -0700, Patrick Olson wrote:
> As such, it seems that dpkg -S only works on packages that are already
> installed.  Is there something I can use to determine which package needs
> to be installed when a program complains about a particular file?
Grab debian/dists/<dist>/{main,contrib,non-free}/Contents-<yourarch>.gz .
It may be in a slightly different place, but that should be what you need.

--
Love is like a friendship caught on fire.  In the beginning a flame, very
pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering.  As love