Re: Unable to click on links in Navigator 4.61

Dan Everton wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 09:20:44AM -0400, Colin R. R. Johnson wrote:
> > Dan Everton wrote:

> > > Hmm... that works. Any idea why? I'd rather find the root cause of the
> > > problem rather than a work around.
> > >
> > > Thanks for that though.
> > >
> > > Dan
> > >
> > > --
> > [...]
> > I have found that the problem seems to be related to Java.
> > I too had this problem and when I looked a little deeper I discovered that it
> > only happened after Netscape tried to run a Java Applet.
> >
> > My solution was to just disable Java from running.
> >
> > Colin.
>
> I normally have Java disabled and only enable it when I need it. I haven't
> used Java in a long time in Netscape, so in my case it wasn't related to
> that. Did you get the same error messages on the console at the time?
>
> Dan

For me disabling Java as well as Java Scripts seems to have done it.
I have also changed window managers, and am using Gnome so it could have
something to do with the window manager.

I seem to recall that checking with ps x showed that a piece of netscape was
just locked up and if I remember correctly it was related to the Java.

This was a situation where I had other things that needed to be worked on and I
was just happy to have the problem go away and I didn't really think about it
again until now. Maybe if I have some time I'll play with it again.

Colin.
--
Colin Johnson. cjohnson@interlog.com