Re: quick simple latex question

On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 08:34:55PM +1000, Shao Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I just cannot find out how to set the a4paper to landscape.
> 	I use:
>
> 	\usepackage{portland}
>
> 	\begin{document}
> 	\landscape
> 	\end{document}
>
> 	But it does not work....

What do you mean, it "does not work"?  I suggest you give use the
smallest bit of LaTeX code that is functuonally equivalent to what
you're doing.  What you wrote above may be it if you add a
\documentclass and some text after the \landscape.  Anyway, strip down
your document to get rid of superfluous crap and then post it.  i'll
try to figure out what's wrong.

The problem is, there's nothing wrong with what you posted, so it must
be something else, but you gave us neither the LaTeX error output nor
the symptoms of "not work[ing]".

					-Michael

--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu