Re: knfs success?

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 10:14:22AM -0700, Jinsong Zhao wrote:
> I was playing with knfs. I compiled the kernel 2.2.10. Then I
> installed the knfs package from the unstable. But looks like knfs
> cannot export a directory. I explicitly issue commands:
>
> exportfs /usr1 machine1(rw)
>
> then it prints "Function not implemented."
>
> Then the basic function of NFS is not there. How useful can it be?

I'm assuming you are running the kernel that you just compiled
(check with uname -a). Personally, I've always edited /etc/exports
when using NFS. Here's what it looks like on one of my boxes:
/home ender(rw)
/mp3  ender(rw)

The server is orwell..on the client, ender, I have entries like
this in my fstab:
orwell:/home	/home	nfs	defaults	0	0
orwell:/mp3	/mp3	nfs	defaults	0	0

and 'mount -a' works perfectly.