Re: Printing Broken After Upgrade to 2.2.10 Kernel on slink

*- On  8 Aug, Patrick Olson wrote about "Re: Printing Broken After Upgrade to 2.2.10 Kernel on slink"

> Maybe it was my imagination, but I think I had to change "/dev/lp1" to
> "/dev/lp0" in my /etc/printcap after upgrading from a 2.0.x kernel to
> 2.2.1. I am still at a loss as to what caused this.
>

>From the Documentation/Changes file in the 2.2.x kernel tree:

Parallel Ports
==============

   As of 2.1.33, parallel port support can now by handled by the parport
driver.  Be aware that with Plug-and-Play support turned on, your
parallel port may no longer be where you expect it; for example, LPT1
(under DOS) was sometimes /dev/lp1 in Linux, but will probably be
/dev/lp0 with the new Plug-and-Play driver.  If printing breaks with
the new driver, try checking your lpd configuration.  A good source of
more information is the Documentation/parport.txt file included with
the kernel.

--
Brian