Re: Login script!

Rudy Broersma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible that Linux executes a script file when a user logs on?
> So for example, if user RUDY logs on, it executes the /home/rudy/script
> file, and when ROOT logs on, it executes the /root/script file!
>
> Could anybody please give me some examples?

Yup, when using the BASH shell, it will call the .bash_profile upon an
interactive login or .bashrc for a non-interactive login. You can refer to the
man page for your shell to find out what script file it runs. BTW /etc/profile
is used by most shells as a system wide profile meaning it is read for all
logins.

Hope this helps,
--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu

Where do all the bits go when the computer is done with them?