Re: 2.2.x kernel and PCI eth0 problem - the answer

Thanks Jor-el,

I upgraded dhcpcd and netbase and it works like a charm. The fact that 2.2
kernels require an upgrade is documented in the release notes section on
www.debian.org.  (Yes I am embarrassed - I should have caught that myself)

Thanks also to Paul Wade, who also dropped me a helpful note, with other
diagnostic techniques.

Namaste
Rupert B.