FreeCiv problem

Hello,

Now after the GTK+ client for FreeCiv 1.8.1 is available I managed
to start the civclient successfully.  The xaw client did only
core dumps on my box at home.

After reading quite a lot of documentation a fairly managed the
first steps.  The only (and I think very basic thing) I didn't
found out is, how to continue with a saved game.  I started the
civserver with "-f civgame-xxx.sav" which seemed to be successfully:

~> civserver -f civgame-3000.sav
This is the server for Freeciv version 1.8.1
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org
1: Now accepting new client connections

Get a list of the available commands with 'help'.

But when trying to connect with civclient-gtk the log says the
following:

You were rejected from the game: Sorry you can't join.  The game is full.
Lost connection to server!

But it is the game I left before.  There are only two AI plaiers
except than mine.  What do I have to to to restart from a saved
state.  Moreover, is there a way to reload a game without leaving
the server?

Any hint to a part of documentation would be suffice as well.

Kind regards

        Andreas.