Re: Configuring a monitor?

virtanen wrote:

> Yes it was that.
>
> It should have been the right one. That Mattrox Millenium seems to be
> using SVGA.
>
> Someone suggested using ctl-alt-+(num) to switch between resolutions.
> That method never worked. There was only that one resolution available.
>
> There might be support for that card available in later xfree-debs, I'll
> see...? Someone suggested that.
>
> But yesterday night the whole system crashed again. There has been a
> strange problem with the machine. Sometimes while booting the power goes
> off suddently and then the whole system is unusable, because the whole
> file-system is broken then. It made it again...

I'm no guru, but this is damn peculiar. I noticed that someone
mentioned that you grab the latest X. Do you know what version
you're using? Is the G100 listed in the card database? I have a
G200 myself, and I had to upgrade to 3.3.3.1-10 cuz the X on the
slink CDs didn't support my card.

Also, when specifying the horizontal and vertical frequencies,
are you pressing <Enter> after entering each range in the
appropriate box? I noticed that when you don't, the values you
type in aren't reflected in the red bars indicating the ranges. I
don't know if this is significant, but it doesn't seem to hurt.

To switch between resolutions you press the combo Ctrl-Alt-(+/-)
to cycle forward and backward thru them.

--
                                     __   _
Mark Wagnon         Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __