Re: clnt_call errors in NIS

In article <cistron.87hfmm9ue1.fsf@snorri.germanistik.uni-bonn.de>,
Joachim Trinkwitz  <jtr@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
>Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> writes:
>>
>> People think that the NIS package does far more than it actually does;
>> the only thing it does is keeping an eye on the current nis server (ypbind).
>> All NIS access is actually handled by glibc
>>
>Okay, but which version of libc6 is supposed to work with NIS? I've
>got the same error, and I even tried with libc6_2.1.1, but same
>thing. On the clients, I get the error `YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not
>bound'.

You tell me. I have glibc 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2pre installations here with
both NIS servers and clients on them, and for me it all simply works.
Alas I cannot reproduce the problems that other people are having with
NIS, and I am really trying. So, I can't fix it either.

Mike.
--
... somehow I have a feeling the hurting hasn't even begun yet
	-- Bill, "The Terrible Thunderlizards"