Re: Default editor at install

On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 11:59:39AM -0500, Robert Rati wrote:
> It's been a while since I've last installed Debian from scratch.  Is ViM
> the default vi clone installed?  I thought it was another clone.  Anyone
> know?

Nope, nvi is, because it is bug-for-bug compatible with VI. Also,
I believe that ae is the default editor, although there was a heated
debate on debian-devel a while back about the default editor. Our
beloved VIM lost out because people said it wasn't intuitive and
that it was too hard to learn <sob>. You can take my VIM when you
pry it from my cold, dead, fingers!
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com