Re: Installing X

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 egm2@jps.net wrote:

> On 30 Jul, Robert Rati wrote:
>
>   |  I'm running Xfree 3.3.3.1 on my slink system without any problems at all.
>   |  I just got the debs from ftp://ftp.netgod.net/x and they work fine.
>
> Really, well when I last checked, there were no drivers for the Matrox
> Millenium G200 8MB AGP card in XFree86-3.3.3.1.

I do not have a Matrox Millenium, but I believe that card uses the SVGA
xserver.  I believe the XFree web page has a list of cards that work with
SVGA.  I'm pretty sure the G200 is one of them, as my friend had one and
that's what we used to get it to work.

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."