Re: hard disk size

On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 09:43:35AM -0400, Evan Van Dyke wrote:
> "Brian J. McHugh" wrote:
> > It appears that cfdisk only detects 200 MB of the 212 MB. Is this normal?
>
> This may be your standard Manufacturer Calling 1,000,000 bytes a
> MB when it's really 1048576 bytes  so they can call their
> disks bigger than they actually are.  I don't have a
> calculator on me so I can't tell, but it's certianly something
> to check.
I have a calculator on hand and it only comes to 209.7 MB figured that
way.
Just thogh I would comment :)

--
Frisco Rose     	"By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Student		rosef@eou.edu

REU Student 		rosef@nemo.physics.ncsu.edu

Science Journal Ed.	scijou@scijou.eou.edu
EOU Hoke Center 307	(541) 962-3787