Re: A doubt...

Hello:

edit /etc/hosts.deny and comment out the PARANOID line.
Bounce your portmap deamon  or reboot your system and it should work.

Peter

"Mahendra D. Khandkar SBO" wrote:

>              Respected Sir,
>
>         I have installed Debian Linux 2.0 on a Pentium 90 Mhz machine.
>   I am trying to configure so many things as I can . The major problem
>  I am facing is about the network.  After configuring the network,
>   machine can connect to other machines on the network but it is not allowing
>  other machines to connect to itself. The error on  other machines is
>  " Connection refused ".  I tried a lot by playing with the files
>  /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny. It is not working. Will you please
>  sort out the problem for me ?
>
>   By the way , one more thing. Can I configure various utilities (e.g. network)
>  after system is installed once ? Or everytime I have to for boot/root
>  (installation ) floppies ?
>
>  Thanking you in anticipation,
>
>     Sincerely yours,
>
>           Mahendra
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Iannarelli;Peter
tel;fax:1+ 416 929 1056
tel;work:1+ 416 929 1885
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.GenXl.com
org:GenX Internet Labs.;Operations
adr:;;238a Gerrard St. East	;Toronto;Ontario;M5A 2E8;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:Peter.Iannarelli@GenXl.com
title:Senior Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;30656