dhcpcd (0.70) under Debian - some problems...

Hi,

I have Debian 2.1 (dual boot with another OS...) sitting on a network here at work. Under win95, dhcpcd always gives me the same IP address, but when I boot under Debian, it always gives me a different IP which is annoying as it makes it hard to find by others and myself on the network. Can I get dhcpcd to give me a) the same address each time or preferably b) the same address I get when I boot into win95?

Also, when installing the dhcpcd .deb, it would exit with a config error:
Error: Post installation script exited with -1

but no more info, and wouldn't work.

To get it to work I went into /var/lib/dpkg/info/ and ran the dhcpcd.postinst script I found there directly and it worked fine...

????

But dselect marks it as a failed config and everytime tries to re-install it, thus re-breaking it (I've put it on 'hold' now). Anyway I can found out what the trouble is as the error message is pretty un-informative.

Finally, I want to upgrade to a 2.2.x kernel as there a dual processor machine here I want to use - I believe there are some issues with dhcpcd 0.70 and 2.2.x kernels? Are there any easy workarounds so I can use dhcpc and 2.2.x kernels on our internal network?

Ta

Martin